Every year a large number of students applied for the graduate record examination. This exam is conducted by the education testing agency across the globe. This helps the students to take admission in various foreign graduation colleges and business schools. It judges the skills of the students and concludes whether the students are prepared to take admission in graduation colleges or not. The foreign institutes at the time of admission consider the GRE score along with student’s academic performance. It tests the student’s knowledge of basic arithmetic, algebra, and geometry, and data analysis. To qualify this exam students must have a grip on college-level vocabulary.
The exam is not easy to qualify. The student who prepares strategically clears the exam. Here are some tips for section-wise preparation of the GRE;
- The verbal reasoning section – this includes 3 sections reading comprehension, text completion, and sentence equivalence. Tips to prepare for this section;
- Read paragraphs carefully and try to understand its meaning.
- Then make a summary of the paragraph by merging 2-3 lines. It will help you to complete sentences.
- Develop your analytical skills. It will help you to differentiate between points.
- Practice to make notes and work hard on your writing skills.
- Work hard on grammar and vocabulary so you can easily analyze the words in a paragraph.
- The analytical writing section – it includes the two separate tasks. The time allotted for each section is 30 minutes. First is the analysis of an issue and the second one is an analysis of an arguement. Tips to prepare this exam include;
- Daily writing practice will help you design a conversation and argument.
- Practice to include phrases in writing.
- Make research and add valuable information to the writing.
- Analyze the essays written by you. Improve them by editing and note the mistakes you have done.
- Read a lot of essays and prepare a strategy to write it in your words and in a more informative way to impress the reader.
- The quantitative reasoning section – it includes further sections which will judge one’s mathematical skills. Here one should not require any specific knowledge only basic mathematical concepts and the ability to solve problems is judged. Tips for predation of this section are –
- Practice the previous year papers of GRE.
- Solve more and more questions related to data interpretation.
- Make use of online preparation sources like practice tests of institutes and work hard on your weak concepts.
Every year many students take admission in coaching institutes for GRE prep. The result of each institute varies depending on the type of education served by their staff. The selection of institutes should be done wisely as it is the matter of one’s career. Always make a list of the institutes you are interested in and take their demo classes. Judge the faculty and environment of the institute. In case you are not able to join offline classes join online classes and work on your concepts with them.